The Government of Alberta recently announced the Site Rehabilitation Program to fund well, pipeline, and oil and gas site closure and reclamation work. This $1 billion program will be introduced in phases, with funding applications for the first phase starting on May 1, 2020.
The goals of this program are to:
- Provide employment opportunities for Alberta’s specialized oil and gas labour force
- Fast-track site abandonment and reclamation efforts
- Produce a high volume of environmentally-significant work
Eligible activities include:
- Closure work on inactive wells and pipelines
- Environmental Site Assessments
How PHILCAN INDUSTRIES can help you?
We understand the importance of the Government’s stimulus package and the opportunity it gives many of our clients. Our goal is client-focused and is based upon creating and maintaining our long-term business relationships.
We want to ensure your sites / wells, pipes and facilities are properly assessed, prioritized, remediated and reclaimed. We provide a full records review, risk simulation and prioritization including impacts in accordance with Phase 1, Phase 2 and Phase 3 Environmental Site Assessments. Through our group alliance expertise we provide a one stop solution and one point of contact with ensuring all deliverables are achieved. This includes the administrative services of applying and managing the operation and financial activities on the obligations of the site rehabilitation programs and all the programs/project management required throughout the site rehabilitation life cycle.
We have the experience and expertise to support our clients with the Site Rehabilitation Program by:
- Assisting with the grant applications for services to be completed by PHILCAN
- Operations: providing services for
- Environmental Work:
- Phase 1 and Phase 2 environmental site assessments
- Remediation and reclamation consulting
- Remediation and reclamation equipment services
- Preparation of applications for remediation and reclamation certifications
- Wellsite abandonment
- Pipeline abandonment
- Pipeline segment removal
- Facility abandonment, demolition, meal and asset salvaging
- Environmental construction
- Landfill and fluid disposal services
- Provision and deployment of production chemicals (solvents/scavengers) and other products required in infrastructure abandonment
Why PHILCAN INDUSTRIES?
PhilCan is an Alberta based oilfield service company that employs Albertans across the province from Medicine Hat to Fort McMurray and all rural areas inbetween.
- PHILCAN INDUSTRIES has the staff and equipment to start these projects immediately
- PHILCAN has an experienced team that has completed some of the largest abandonment, decommissioning, remediation and reclamation of well sites and pipelines projects in Western Canada
- Specialized safety program in compliance with all laws, regulations, directives, and environmental healthy and safety standards set out by the Government of Alberta, including social distancing and COVID-19 related policies
- Production chemicals specific to pipeline abandonment, suspension and facility decommissioning
- Cleaning tubulars of hydrocarbon when pulled out of the hole (POOH)
- Cleaning casing and wellbore prior to plug set or squeezing cement
- Bridge plug alternatives
- Shut off gas flow or SCVF
- Inhibiting the wellbore prior to suspension/shut-in
Our experience enables our clients to fully maximize the grant money available while getting Albertans back to work.